Manali is a marvellous honeymoon and adventure destination. However, you may be surprised to know that there are lots of spiritually vibrant places and shrines in this lovely hill station. Tourists wanting to sight-see unique temples and monasteries in the town through their Manali tour packages can request their tour managers to guide them accordingly.
Let us study some of the popular religious places in Manali Hill Station:
- Hadimba Devi Temple – This unique shrine is dedicated to Devi Hadimba, who was the wife of prince Bhima of the Mahabharata times. This pagoda-shaped temple is situated in the lap of Dhungri Forest and bordered by tall pine trees. The idol of the deity is made of shiny brass metal and looks resplendent.
- Tibetan Monasteries – The little hill station has sizeable Tibetan population living near monasteries. There are many Tibetan monasteries such as Gadhan Thekchhokling Gompa, Nyingmapa Gompa, etc. They are major tourist attractions, people throng to such places to see the Tibetan artworks and craft items that are on display. You can relax, meditate and enjoy their cultural wonders.
- Jamula Temple – This historic olden shrine is situated in the Malana Village. It is an important place of worship for the Gaddi tribesmen. The place is also used as a court of law for settling the disputes of the villagers. It is an offbeat place accessible through the Parvati Valley. You can trek your way to the temple or get a private vehicle to reach there.
- Manu Temple – The famed Manu Temple is one of the best religious places to visit in Manali. It is the abode of Lord Manu’s idol. You can visit this shrine for peace, tranquillity and also take pleasure in the lush natural surroundings. Manu temple attracts Hindus as well as foreign tourists from across the world.
- Maa Sharvari Temple – The stunning Sharvari Temple can be easily located right above the village of Shaminallah. The shrine is dedicated to Goddess Durga, the Kuldevi of the erstwhile Kullu kings. The temple is a popular place of Hindu worship and is thronged by devotees on Dusshera.
As a tourist, you may be amazed to witness the cultural beauty and religious fervour in this picturesque hill town. According to ancient lore, even the name Manali is said to be related to Lord Manu. Explore the sacred side of the town through best Manali tour packages available online.